As you are aware, pests are the source of causing infections, diseases to humans. Therefore, It is very essential to follow pest prevention guidelines at home on a regular basis. As a result, you can reduce the chances of spreading disease and infection in your home and can protect your loved ones in advance. Moreover, you’ll be able to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
In addition, we’ve compiled a list of essential household hacks and suggestions to keep pests far away from your home.
Tips for preventing pests from attacking your home
- Examine entry points regularly: in order to save your home from pests and insect infestations, always keep inspecting all the entry points at your home. The places you need to inspect are:
- Doors and windows: Keep your doors and windows closed, especially in the evening time.
- Chimney: Ensure to have proper mesh around your chimney to keep pests far away.
- Dryer vent: ensure not to have a broken vent at your premises. If you have, then repair it right away.
- Loose screen: Pests can also get in through sagging screens. As a result, keep an eye on the screen at all times and fix or replace any loose parts.
- Clean your garden promptly: Another tip in pest prevention is to trim all the unwanted and damaged branches or leaves. As a result, the reduction of leaves can prevent the occurrence of grass disease.
- Keep your kitchen clean: Pests are mostly attracted to food. As a result, check sure there are no food particles on the slab. Moreover, clean your kitchen slab with disinfectant cleaner.
- Keep your bathroom clean and dry: In addition, keep the bathroom tidy and clean at all times. Furthermore, do not allow water to sit. Otherwise, pests such as fleas, flies, and mosquitoes may be noticed.
- Dispose of garbage properly: Additionally, keep a sealed trash container on hand at all times. Plus, properly disposing of waste will make your home healthier and more pleasant.
- Food storage: Following that, do not leave fruits and vegetables out for long periods of time. Additionally, store your food in sealed containers.
- Keep your garage clean: Many individuals store unneeded items in their garages, which can provide an excellent hiding place for pests. As a result, inspect the garage on a regular basis and eliminate any unnecessary items as soon as possible.
- Maintain a close check on your pet’s food bowls: if you have pets in your house, then keep an eye on pet’s food bowls.
- Clean your drains regularly: The drains in your kitchen can absorb a lot of waste and rotting food, which attracts cockroaches, mosquitoes, as well as other pests. So keep your drains fresh on a regular basis.
- Put nets on windows: in order to prevent your home from pests and creepy crawlies, you can fix nets on windows.
- Inspect your furniture regularly: Wood is a favourite food of beetles and termites, so get rid of any scrap wood inside or outside your home or office.
- Avoid dark areas: Maintain a clutter-free environment in your home. Pests prefer dark places to hide, therefore the more clutter you have, the more likely you are to have pests.
- Pets checkup: Check your pets for fleas before they step inside the house. Fleas can easily spread once they have entered the house.
- Vacuum: Make a habit to vacuum your stuff like a cushion, bed, bedspreads, and more once a week. This will remove all the dust from your stuff.
Contact our professional team for productive and optimum pest control service in Moorooka
You can contact our team for pest inspection and control service at 07 2000 4194.
We at Pest Control Moorooka offer secure, affordable and effective pest inspection and control services. Our team will visit your home and examine your premises thoroughly both inside and outside. In addition, our service is highly recommended and always up to the mark. Moreover, you can avail of benefits from our service such as 24*7 assistance, top quality results, safe and reasonable pesticides, and so on.
Furthermore, we have the best pest controllers who work day and night to serve customers. In addition, we also provide same day and emergency pest control service in Moorooka and its nearby places. You can even hire us to take care of pests in your rental property. Thus, we are the complete package of various efficient pest control treatments. So, do not look further and make a reservation with us. For complete details, contact us at 07 2000 4194.